30 Inspirational Jane Austen Quotes

“When I fall in love, it will be forever.” ― Jane Austen. Here are 30 Inspirational Jane Austen Quotes.

Jane Austen Quotes

1. “I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
Jane Austen

2. “The Very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.”
― Jane Austen

3. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
Jane Austen

4. “It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.”
Jane Austen

5. “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
Jane Austen

6. “Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.”
Jane Austen

7. “Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”
Jane Austen

8. “Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.”
Jane Austen

Jane Austen Quotes

9. “The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!”
Jane Austen

10. “Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.”
Jane Austen

11. “But for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.”
Jane Austen

12. “I have not the pleasure of understanding you.”
Jane Austen

13. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
Jane Austen

14. “You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.”
Jane Austen

15. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.”
Jane Austen

Greatest Works of Jane Austen (Set of 5 Books)
Lasso Brag

Jane Austen Quotes

16. “If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.”
Jane Austen

17. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Jane Austen

18. “I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control. ”
Jane Austen

19. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Jane Austen

20. “There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it, and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.”
Jane Austen

21. “What are men to rocks and mountains?”
Jane Austen

22. “A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
Jane Austen

23. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.”
Jane Austen

Jane Austen Quotes

24. “I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
Jane Austen

25. “I could easily forgive his pride if he had not mortified mine.”
Jane Austen

26. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
Jane Austen

27. “Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.”
Jane Austen

28. “Angry people are not always wise.”
Jane Austen

29. “I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”
Jane Austen

30. “I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.”
Jane Austen

Jane Austen - Sense & Sensibility / Miss Austen Regrets
Lasso Brag

You Will Like These

Best of Jane Austen Quotes

“For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?”― Jane Austen

“I always deserve the best treatment because I never put up with any other.”― Jane Austen

“You must learn some of my philosophy. Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure.”― Jane Austen


Read More
Source

Post a Comment

0 Comments